Racecourse Regulations & Notices
ALL BADGES, CAR PARK LABELS AND HOSPITALITY PACKAGES ARE SOLD
SUBJECT TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS:-
1. The Company shall not be liable to the Racegoer for any failure or omission or breach caused by an event or events beyond the control of the Company such as but not limited to war, civil disturbance, order of a Government Ministry or Department or Public Authority, fire, flood, natural catastrophe, royal demise, labour dispute, lock-out, withdrawal of labour or breakdown or interruption of services or transport (public or otherwise) or death or illness of a key person.
1.1 Upon the happening of such an event the obligations of the Company and any period of time then running shall be suspended for the period of the event plus such time as may be required to resume normality.
1.2 Such an event shall not entitle the Racegoer to take any steps against the Company for breach or to terminate the agreement or otherwise.
PRIOR TO THE COMMENCEMENT OF RACE MEETING
2. Where badges, car park labels or hospitality packages are sold for a specified area of the Racecourse, the Company will use its best endeavours to ensure the specified area is available for use at the specified time. If however the specified area cannot be used for reasons not within the control of the Company then the Company shall be entitled to offer a reasonable alternative. If no alternative is offered by the Company the customer will be entitled to a full refund of monies received by the Company.
3. Refunds, other than those covered by clause 2 immediately above, will not be considered. Cancellation of badges/tickets or hospitality bookings cannot be considered once a booking has been processed.
3.1 The Chester Race Company Ltd Database is owned and used solely by the Chester Race Company Group, which comprises Chester Racecourse, Bangor on Dee Racecourse and Express by Holiday Inn at Chester Racecourse, with reference to the Data Protection Act 1998 (amended 2000).
3.2 The Company cannot guarantee the validity of badges/tickets purchased anywhere other than Chester Racecourse.
ONCE THE RACE MEETING HAS COMMENCED
4. Entry into, and the right to remain within the Racecourse property is subject to the requirement to submit to a search or a number of searches of Racegoers, their baggage or vehicles in which they travel.
5. The climbing of fences, stands and any other buildings is forbidden. Trespassing on the racetrack, except at designated crossing points, is disallowed at all times.
6. Any person failing to comply with instructions from a steward or police officer may be ejected from the Racecourse.
7. Customers in the County Stand are required to observe a strict dress code. Gentlemen are required to wear a suit jacket, collar and tie. Ladies are required to wear smart dress. No jeans or tracksuits are allowed. These standards of dress also apply to patrons in all hospitality and restaurant facilities.
8. Please observe the designated no drinking areas. Food and alcoholic beverages cannot be brought into any Racecourse enclosure except the Open Course.
9. Gambling and the consumption of alcoholic beverages by Racegoers under the age of 18 are strictly prohibited.
10. All unauthorised photography and any flash photography is strictly prohibited. Racedays at Chester are attended by the media and given coverage on TV, radio, online and in print. From time-to-time, we also capture images and moving video of racegoers attending a day at Chester Racecourse. Footage and videos can often be used on social media or in promotional materials the racecourse produces. By entering the racecourse, attendees are accepting they may appear in such coverage. Each Attendee will give any additional consents or waivers required for the unrestricted lawful use of any coverage (if any) without request for payment or imposing any other conditions.
11. Portable telephones may not be used anywhere on the Racecourse for betting purposes.
12. Flags, banners and other articles and any behaviour such as drunkenness, abusive conduct, singing or shouting which may constitute an annoyance to spectators or distract or frighten the horses are prohibited.
13. No dogs are allowed anywhere on the Racecourse (with the exception of aid dogs) and must not be left in vehicles.
14. Transfers between enclosures may be possible on the day, subject to availability.
15. Parking or setting down on the side is prohibited other than at official car parks.
16. Lost or stolen badges will not be replaced.
17. Hospitality badges are sold on the understanding that no money in respect of the unused badges will be reimbursed.
18. In the event of abandonment at any time on the day of racing, there will be no refund in respect of Box, Room or Chalet hire charges.
19. In the event of abandonment before Racing, or up to the 'Weighed-In' of the first race there will be a refund of badge/ticket and parking costs. In the event of an abandonment after the 'Weighed-In' of the first race up to the 'Weighed-In' of the third race or nominated feature race whichever is later there will be a 50% refund of badge/ticket and car parking costs. In the event of abandonment thereafter there will be no refunds. No cash returns to be paid on the day. All refunds to be administered after the meeting by post. Where the customer is entitled (pursuant to this clause 19) to any refund, in order to qualify for such refund the customer must follow the procedure listed below.
(i) Make a note of the reference numbers of all badge/ticket and car park labels.
(ii) Send the badges/tickets and/or labels along with a covering letter stating the full name and address of the sender and if different from that of the sender, the full name and address of the purchaser of the badges/tickets or labels to: Chester Race Company Limited, The Racecourse, Chester CH1 2LY. To be valid, requests for refunds must be received in writing within one month of the abandoned Raceday. The Company shall have no responsibility or liability of any nature in respect of any refund request received after that time.
20. All persons visiting the Racecourse are admitted to these Regulations and to the Rules of Racing. The Company reserves the right to refuse admission to/or to remove from the Racecourse, in its absolute discretion and without giving any reasons, any person failing to comply with such Rules and Regulations or whose presence is, in its absolute discretion, a source of danger or annoyance and shall have no obligation to give any reason therefore.
21. The Company shall in no circumstances be liable for any loss, damage, cost or expense or any consequential or indirect loss or damage of any kind.
22. Lost children and lost luggage enquiries should be made to the police.
23. It is a condition of entry that only individuals possessing a valid betting badge and occupying an authorised pitch are entitled to lay bets. Anyone contravening this condition will be evicted.