Established in 1539, Chester Racecourse is the oldest racecourse in Britain. Whilst steeped in history, Chester Racecourse also has an enviable reputation for innovation and commercial investment.
Uniquely located beside Chester’s Roman City Walls, Chester Racecourse is an influential player at the heart of the Northern Powerhouse and offers a wealth of commercial opportunities for your business.
With its savvy and stylish customer base and range of branding, activation and hospitality opportunities, sponsorship at Chester Racecourse presents the perfect platform to gain valuable exposure for your business.
If you want...
your business to be linked with the largest sports rights property outside of football in the North West
your brand to reach over 20,000 potential customers in one day
access to an exclusive corporate club with business networking opportunities
to offer your guests first class hospitality in a relaxed and sociable atmosphere with the backdrop of thrilling entertainment
your brand to be linked to a company committed to innovation and investment, with ambitious expansion plans underway
Why Chester Racecourse?
- 15 days of racing each year, including the Boodles May Festival, which consistently features in the top 10 race events in the UK
- An average of 19,000 guest per race
- The sixth largest sports rights property in the North West (second only to football)
- First to own and operate an ‘in house’ betting company
- First to offer betting tablets to customers
- First to offer free Wi-Fi
- First to incorporate a Giant LED Screen at the Winning Post and install permanent LED signage
- First to own its own Polo Team & Club
- First to offer £500 for race participation.
- A Owners & Trainers Pavilion that is consistently voted as the best facility
- The MBNA Paddock Club, an exclusive facility for our corporate partners
- Owner and operator of Horseradish - catering, event delivery and venue management specialists
- Owner and operator of several hospitality outlets both at the Racecourse and in Chester city centre - 1539 Restaurant & Bar, The White Horse, Commonhall St. Social Bar & Kitchen, Ginger and the Holiday Inn Express
- An exciting 10 year plan is underway investing in conference and leisure facilities to rival the likes of Wimbledon, Goodwood and Royal Ascot
- Investment in The Pavilion ensures that Owners, Trainers & Shareholders consistently vote it the best facility in the country